Professor Petros. G. Koutsoukos
Laboratory: Lab. of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
Professor P. Koutsoukos holds a B.S. in Chemistry (University of Patras), an M.Sc. in Business Administration (Athens School of Economics) and a Ph.D. in Chemistry (State University of New York at Buffalo, USA). DSc 1984, University of Patras, School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. His relative research activity is focused on scale formation, corrosion and scaling in geothermal and other water handling systems, scale formation and prevention in industrial processes, biological mineralization: mechanisms of formation of biominerals, crystal growth and dissolution of soluble salts. Crystal growth from melts. Protection of cultural heritage monuments based on mechanisms of deterioration.
Relative Research Projects
- Aristeia II (Greek Operational program "Education and Lifelong Learning", Code No 4420, Prof . P. Koutsoukos): Theoretical and experimental study of the controlled precipitation of inorganic salts in granular and consolidated porous media.
- Environment-Climate -EU FP6 Novel remediation strategies for the preservation of marble endangered from environmental damages
- Environment-Climate -EU FP6 The prevention of Salt Damage in Cultural heritage, by use of Crystallization Inhibitors (SALT CONTROL) SPI-CT 2003-501571
- GSRT: Development of new types of cement using pozzolanic additives, 11CZ_01_ET_29, BILATERAL S&T GREECE-CZECH REP
- FP7, PEOPLE- Marie Curie ITN , DELTA MIN Mechanisms of Mineral replacement Reactions, PITN-GA-2008-215360
- Tadier et al., “Crystal Growth of Aragonite in the Presence of Phosphate”, J.Crystal Growth, 458, pp. 44-52 (2017).
- Jaho et al.,“Precipitation of Calcium Carbonate in Porous Media in the Presence of n-Dodecane”, Crystal Growth and Design, September (2016).
- Pavlakou et al., “Precipitation of sparingly soluble salts in packed sandbeds in the presence of miscible and immiscible organic substances”, Crystal Research and Technology, 51 (2), pp. 167-177 (2016).
- Jaho et al., “Experimental Investigation of Calcium Carbonate precipitation and Crystal Growth in 1-D and 2-D porous media”, Crystal Growth and Design, 16 (1), pp. 359-370 (2016).
- Amjad Z. and P.G. Koutsoukos, Evaluation of Maleic Acid Based Polymers as Scale Inhibitors and Dispersants for Industrial Water Applications, 33, pp. 555-63 (2014).