Dr. Dimitra G. Kanellopoulou
Laboratory: Lab. of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
Dr. Dimitra G. Kanellopoulou will perform the chemical and instrumental analysis included in the project (XRD, AAS, SEM etc). Dr. Kanellopoulou holds a Diploma, an M.Sc. and a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering (University of Patras). She has been collaborating for many years with most of the members of the research team. Her relative research activity is focused on: crystallization and dissolution of insoluble salts in systems of biological, industrial and cultural heritage conservation interest. She is specialized in material characterization methods, classical chemical and instrumental analysis for qualitative and quantitative determination of elements, inorganic and organic substances, mineralogical phases (gravimetric and volumetric methods, thermal analysis, chromatography, spectroscopy (UV-Vis, FT-IR, AAS, GF, ICP-MS), elemental analysis, material characterization (SSA, SEM, etc).
Relative Research Projects
- ΕΠΑΝ CO-24, “Phosphorus Recovery from Aqueous Wastewater”, 2004, (FORTH/ICE–HT, P.M.: P.G. Koutsoukos.).
- IKYDAAD Greek-German Joint Project on Biomineralization, 2003-2005, P.M.: D. Mavrilas (Ass. Professor of Dpt. of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, University of Patras).
- THALES-Project: “NAMCO: Development of nanostructured composite ceramic matrix material with metal inclusions", 2013 – 2014 , (N.T.U.A., P.M.: A. Tsetsekou)
- ARCHIMEDES project -T.E.I. of Chalkida, ”Synthesis, characterization and study of apatite structure solid electrolyte properties for applications in fuel cells”(Code MIS 383779), 2013 – 2015, (T.E.I. of Central Greece, P.M.: V.N. Stathopoulos)
- THALES-Project- T.E.I. of Larissa, “Synthesis and Study of Biological, Biomechanical and Micromechanical Properties of New Type Nanostructured Bone Cements Based on Calcium Phosphate and Geopolymers (MIS: 379380), 2014 –2015 , (T.E.I. of Thessaly, P.M.: D. Mouzakis, Realised in University of Patras, Materials Science Dpt. under supervision of Dr. N. Bouropoulos)
- Spanos et al., “Seeded growth of hydroxyapatite in simulated body fluid”. Journal of Materials Science 41 (6), pp. 1805-1812 (2006).
- Spanos et al., "Precipitation of Calcium Phosphate from Simulated Milk Ultrafiltrate Solutions”, Crystal Growth & Design 7 (1), pp. 25-29 (2007).
- Malkaj et al., “Calcite particles formation, in the presence of soluble polyvinyl-alcohol matrix”. Powder Technology 177 (2), pp. 71-76 (2007).
- Dalas et al., “The effect of Leucine on the crystal growth of calcium phosphate”. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 19(1), pp. 277-282 (2008).
- Krings et al., “Development of a new combined test setup for accelerated dynamic pH-controlled in vitro calcification of porcine heart valves”. Int J Artif Organs 32 (11), pp. 794-801 (2009).