Dr. Souhail Youssef
Dr. Youssef will perform the ex-situ micro-CT Scanning measurements and analyses of the corresponding results at IFP Energies Nouvelles. He holds a Diploma, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in materiel science. He is expertise in: SCAL High throughput experimentation technologies development; Development of tomography in-situ core flood experiment; digital rock physics: high resolution x-ray tomography imaging; synchrotron based fast tomography imaging, processing and analysis of 3D µ-CT image data; morphological characterization of porous media; image-based modeling and simulation techniques.
Relative Research Projects
- Project leader of the high throughput experimentation for EOR project at IFPEN.
- Project leader of the Salt precipitation risks assessment in gas condensate reservoir.
- Supervisor of Ph.D. and Post Doc related to chemical EOR using surfactant and foam injection technology.
- Oughanem et al., “A Multi-Scale Investigation of Pore Structure Impact on the Mobilization of Trapped Oil by Surfactant Injection”. Transport in Porous Media, 109(3), pp. 673-692. (2015).
- Youssef et al., "4D imaging of fluid flow dynamics in natural porous media by ultra-fast X-ray microtomography", Int. Sym. of the Society of Core Analysts, Napa Valley, California (2013).
- Peysson et al., “Permeability alteration due to salt precipitation driven by drying in the context of CO2 injection”, Energy Procedia, (4), pp. 4387-4394 (2011).
- Bauer et al., “From computed microtomography images to resistivity index calculations of heterogeneous carbonates using a dual-porosity pore-network approach: Influence of percolation on the electrical transport properties”. Physical Review. E. 84, 011133 (2011).
- Youssef et al., “Towards a better understanding of Multiphase flow in porous media: 3D In-Situ fluid distribution imaging at the pore scale”. Paper presented at the Int. Sym. of the Society of Core Analysts, Noordwijk aan Zee, The Netherlands, (2009).